Scientific Poster Design
Feb 04, 2019 – Feb 20, 2019
The online course on poster design took place February 4th to the 20th and was a full success. 27 young plant scientists enrolled to improve their skills.
At conferences and meetings, posters are a great way to communicate your findings and ideas. However, it can be challenging to design an appealing poster in an efficient way. Therefore, the scientists enrolled learned how to select content for a scientific poster, best practices for poster design and presentation, and lots of tips and tricks for an attractive poster.
The course focused on using Microsoft Publisher (part of most Microsoft Office bundles), but the design principles can be applied to many other software solutions as well.
Topics that were covered in the course include:
- How to select exciting content for your poster
- How to write compelling text
- How to choose the best figures
- How to layout your poster
- Do’s and Don’ts of poster design
- Document setup, design and export using Microsoft Publisher
- Set up your own poster and receive feedback