Mar 12, 2019 – Mar 13, 2019 Potsdam
Self-presentation was the focus of Workshop No. 5. Eight early stage plant scientist trained effective presentation and argumentation, addressed stage fright and learned strategies to deal with difficult questions.
For the PhD students at the end of the project, emphasis was laid on the defense of the theses.
Content of the workshop was:
• Effective presentation and convincing argumentation
• Elevator pitch technique for digest presentation
• Addressing nerves and strategies for dealing with stage fright
• Preparation for questions and how to handle unexpected and difficult questions
• Feedback as a learning and developmental process – receiving and contributing feedback positively