Plan(t)s for bioeconomy - Workshop & Excursion
Sep 27, 2022 – Sep 28, 2022 Straubing
Registration is open now!
The workshop will take place in beautiful Straubing, a model region for bioeconomy, on September 27-28, 2022. We will
- visit ESKUSA, employing plant breeding for special applications,
- visit the Clariant Sunliquid Pilot Plant, converting straw into Bioethanol,
- learn from experts of TFZ about crops relevant for the production of energy and raw material,
- discuss social, economic and environmental aspects of a plant based economy,
- and of course meet and exchange with peers from plant research.
- The workshop is open to all young plant scientists. In case the number of persons enrolled exceeds the capacity of the event, PhD students and Postdocs working on BMBF funded projects will be prioritized.
- Registration closes when the maximum number of participants is reached ("first come, first serve") or at the latest August 21.
- You will receive a confirmation of registration or a rejection after registration is closed.
- With a confirmatory response you will get all information on schedule, room contingent for accommodation and further organization remarks.
- Prerequisite for participation is a complete corona immunization including booster vaccination and a test before the start.
Organization info (time, place, accommodation, costs):
- The workshop takes place Sep. 27, 9am, to Sep. 28, noon.
- On the evening of Sep. 26, we meet for dinner and a warm-up in Straubing, for all participants arriving that day.
- We reserved rooms in a Hotel in Straubing (40-45 € single room, 70-75 € double room). You will get the booking details with your approval of registration.
- The workshop is free of charge. Travel and accommodation costs have to be covered individually, but may be reimbursed for scientists working on PLANT 2030 projects, if no grant money is left.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to seeing you in Straubing!